All The Recruiters was founded with a very simple objective in mind. To provide Hiring Managers and Job Seekers an opportunity to find recruiting firms and read truthful, unbiased reviews about them.
With reviews comes a lot of opportunity for misuse (it is the internet after all), so we developed these community guidelines to ensure a safe, neutral, fair and unbiased environment for users to gain insight.
We follow these simple principles and guidelines to ensure the most authentic, transparent, and valuable information is available to users while balancing fairness to recruiting companies. We do our absolute best to stay neutral if any disputes arise.
All The Recruiters strives to be a trusted and transparent place for today’s Hiring Managers and Job Seekers to search for and research recruiting companies.
- We never edit or alter the text of reviews or comments submitted on our site, no matter how minor.
- We never suppress, filter, or delete content simply because it is negative/lower-rated, or positive/higher-rated.
- We apply the same standard of review for all content, regardless of who wrote it or whom it was written about.
- We require email verification from a permanent, active email address or a valid social networking account for each user submitting content.
- We moderate every piece of content through a two-step moderation process. The first gate of review is technological. We apply proprietary technology that analyzes multiple attributes of the content. If the content does not pass technological review, a real-life human reviews the content to determine if it meets our guidelines. Additionally, a human always moderates any piece of content that is flagged for secondary review.
- We use proprietary technology filters & algorithms to detect attempted abuse and gaming.
- We stay neutral in all cases of dispute; we don’t take sides and we don’t act as the finder of fact with respect to review content.
- At our sole discretion, we remove content if we have evidence that users were incentivized or coerced into leaving the content.
- We believe in the principle of anonymity and free speech — everyone has a right to voice his or her opinion and be heard without fear of retribution, censorship or other unwanted attention.
- We believe each recruiting firm has the right to respond to a review left by a member, and that the firm be given the last word on a review.
All The Recruiters uses the term ‘content’ to describe reviews, salary data, interview reviews, benefits reviews, photos, awards, and other user-submitted content.
All The Recruiters uses the term ‘candidate’ to describe any individual who has had any professional contact with the recruiting firm. This can be someone that just had an initial conversation with a recruiting firm, to someone that was in some stage of interviewing, to someone that was helped find a job through the recruiting firm.
In addition, All The Recruiters uses the term ‘Hiring Manager’ to describe the entity that employs recruiting firms to help them find candidates, either on a temporary or permanent basis.
Together, Hiring Managers and candidates are referred to as ‘users’.
We may also use the term ‘Recruiting Firm’ to describe an official company representative; this may be someone in recruiting, marketing or a member of the senior leadership team.
Hundreds of thousands of users rely on All The Recruiters’ reviews and other user-submitted content to find recruiting firms that suit their needs. Please follow these guidelines to ensure everyone can benefit from a helpful, balanced, and authentic community.
- Your review should be truthful and constitute your own personal opinion and experience with the recruiting firm you’re reviewing. We don’t take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your statements expressed in your content.
- Each individual is allowed one review, per recruiting firm, per year. If a user updates a review within a year, the older review will be archived and the newer review will be listed. Your content should be related to jobs you have held (or interviews you have had) within the last five years so it’s relevant to other current users.
- We encourage you to think about work from a few perspectives and include both a pro and a con to provide a balanced review. While not required, we do believe balanced reviews make for a better community experience.
- We allow reviews that name individuals in the highest positions in a company who have broad influence over the work environment, as long as the review describes the individual’s behavior or performance at work. Individuals in this category include those who are the public face of the company (C-Suite, Executive Director, President, Owner, Founder, etc.) We believe this information is generally representative of a company’s culture and can be informative to other users.
- We do not allow reviews that include negative comments about identifiable individuals outside of this group. (i.e. don’t name any staff level or lower management by name if you’re leaving a negative review. This can lead to your review being removed).
- We realize talking about work can get emotionally charged, but we don’t approve reviews that include certain profanities, threats of violence, or discriminatory language targeted at an individual or group. We may allow reviews that mention race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and the like if we believe the comment is appropriate, at our sole discretion. General discussions of workplace misconduct are allowed, including most discussions of illegal activities, discrimination, and sexual harassment.
- All The Recruiters is about sharing information that helps the entire community. We reject reviews that do not relate to a recruiting company, or are otherwise not relevant to understanding your experience when working with the recruiting firm.
- We will delete any content meant as an advertisement or containing a web link.
- All reviews should be original – no substantial quoted material from other sources, including (but not limited to) websites, e-mail correspondence, other reviews, etc.
- Your writing doesn’t have to be perfect, but we need to be able to understand it. We reject reviews for excessive capitalization or filler words/characters. And remember, your review will be more credible if you use good grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Recruiter Response Guidelines
Recruiter responses are also moderated using the Reviews Guidelines, with the exception that we do allow recruiting firms to include their contact information and relevant web links (e.g. links to internal company policies, ethics/compliance hotline sites, etc.)
When responding, we specifically ask recruiting firms to:
- Be courteous and professional. How you respond to a negative (or positive) review can alter how prospective users think about your firm. Sometimes it helps to have a cool-down period before responding.
- Do not include the name of the individual you believe wrote the review.
- Do not threaten the writer of a review with legal or other punitive damage.
Please note that All The Recruiters moderates recruiting firm responses after they have posted. Therefore, if the response does not meet the guidelines, it may be shown for a short time before we remove it. (You will be notified by email if we remove your response).
We love it when recruiting firms encourage their clients (Hiring Managers) and job candidates to share honest reviews on All The Recruiters, but please do not offer incentives in exchange for reviews. We will remove positive reviews where we have evidence that users were compensated and/or coerced into leaving a review. We don’t allow recruiting firms to ask Hiring Managers or job seekers to show confirmation of posting on All The Recruiters.
If you see something on the site that you believe violates our guidelines, you should flag it for our review. We will reply via email with our decision; we do not accept or return phone calls regarding reviews. Please keep in mind that flagging a piece of content for a second look does not guarantee that it will be removed from the site. Because of the diversity of our community, it’s possible that something could be disagreeable or disturbing to you without meeting the criteria for being removed or blocked.
We ask our users to understand that we apply the same standard of review for all content. Ultimately, content decisions are within our sole discretion and we do not negotiate about our application of a guideline to our final decision as to whether or not a piece of content warrants removal. Thank you for understanding and being a part of our growing community.